- All that is gold does not glitter,
- Not all those who wander are lost;
- The old that is strong does not wither,
- Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
- From the ashes, a fire shall be woken,
- A light from the shadows shall spring;
- Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
- The crownless again shall be king.
This one means a lot to me. I even have the second line on the back of my Jeep.
For a while I forgot where the line even came from, until I was reminded of the poem in Lord of the Rings. So there you go. Decades of memory float up and reveal themselves. Amazing how we keep it all.